Wongm's Rail Gallery » Remnants of the Melbourne cable tramways

Remnants of the Melbourne cable tramways

Engine houses, tram depots, and other pits and pieces remaining of Melbourne's once extensive cable tramway network. The last Melbourne cable tram ceased running on 26th October 1940.

Former cable tram engine house at the corner of Nicholson and Gertrude Streets

August 06, 2014 08:06 AM
Viewed 593 times
(2 times this week, 13 times this month)

Former Northcote Cable Tram Building, beside route 86

The building at 628 High Street Thornbury contained both the engine house and the car shed.

March 06, 2012 12:36 PM
Viewed 737 times
(3 times this week, 6 times this month)

Melbourne Tramways & Omnibus Company office on Queens Parade at Clifton Hill

March 06, 2012 10:20 AM
Viewed 688 times
(1 time this week, 4 times this month)

Crest on the Melbourne Tramways & Omnibus Company office at Clifton Hill

March 06, 2012 10:20 AM
Viewed 539 times
(1 time this week, 1 time this month)
Tags

Viewed 1253 times (2 times this week, 1 time this month)