7 total matches for dermpav - 7 albums and 0 images, ordered by date.
October 28, 2015
On 28 October 2015 RM58 was the first heritage train traverse the Regional Rail Link tracks - chartered from DERMPAV by National Party candidate for Polwarth David O'Brien for a journey from Melbourne to Colac and return.
October 18, 2014
On October 18, 2014 diesel electric railcar RM58 headed from Southern Cross to Seymour and return, conveying passengers for the 'Tastes of the Goulburn' festival
May 25, 2013
On May 25, 2013 a private group chartered RM58 for a trip to Ballarat and return, via Bacchus Marsh
August 05, 2012
On August 5, 2012 diesel electric railcar RM58 headed from Southern Cross to Colac and return. On the approach to Winchelsea station the train hit a fallen tree which damaged the radiator, but was still able to limp into the station. N474 was sent from Geelong to rescue RM58, taking the railcar back to Newport where it was shunted into the workshops.
May 19, 2012
On May 19, 2012 the Diesel Electric Rail Motor Preservation Association of Victoria took RM58 on a route of the suburbs, with a focus on the goods lines that ARTC would let passenger trains access.
The route taken was:
- Southern Cross platform 7
- Newport platform 2, change direction
- Altona sidings and to Brooklyn via the West line (broad gauge only track)
- Over the Tottenham flyover, past Tottenham Yard and through the Bunbury Street tunnel
- West fork towards North Dynon Junction, to just before Dynon Road, change direction
- East fork of triangle past MPC, stop just on the east side of Dock Link Road, beyond signal DYN134, change direction
- Take south fork, then Bunbury Street tunnel through to Sunshine platform 2, change direction
- Back to the city via the passenger lines.
- Southern Cross platform 8 north, change direction.
- Over the Essendon flyover to Flemington Racecourse platform 1, change direction
- Back via the Essendon flyover to Flinders Street platform 10, lunch break
- Down to Sandringham, change direction
- Flinders Street platform 10
August 27, 2011
On August 27, 2011 the Diesel Electric Rail Motor Preservation Association of Victoria took RM58 from Southern Cross to Upfield, Alamein, Belgrave and Lilydale.
February 21, 2011
RM58 has been restored by DERM Preservation Association of Victoria and went out for a test run on February 21 from Newport to Melbourne Yard and return.