Wongm's Rail Gallery » Water Tower Clock

Water Tower Clock

The 'Water Tower Clock' was Flinders Street Station's original clock. Built in 1883, it relocated to Spencer Street in 1910, then removed in 1967 following the rebuilding of the station. It was restored in 1993 and placed at the Scienceworks museum at Spotswood, then moved to Southern Cross Station in 2014.

Stand in place at the Collins Street entrance for the 'Water Tower Clock' to be installed atop

16 April 2014 08:54 AM
Viewed 480 times
(2 times this week, 1 time this month, 3 times this year)

Stand in place at the Collins Street entrance for the 'Water Tower Clock' to be installed atop

16 April 2014 08:53 AM
Viewed 766 times
(1 time this week, 6 times this year)

Massive cage of reinforcing bar being constructed on the Collins Street concourse

Foundations for the 'Water Tower Clock' stand

25 March 2014 08:15 AM
Viewed 464 times
(1 time this week, 4 times this month, 3 times this year)

History of the Flinders Street Station 'Water Tower Clock'

5 June 2011 14:13 PM
Viewed 1612 times
(1 time this week, 1 time this month, 2 times this year)

The 'Water Tower Clock' that once lived at Flinders Street Station's original clock

Flinders Street Station's original clock was built in 1883, relocated to Spencer Street in 1910, removed in 1967, and restored in 1993. It was then moved to Southern Cross Station in 2014.

5 June 2011 14:13 PM
Viewed 2601 times
(17 times this week, 13 times this month, 43 times this year)
Tags

Viewed 390 times (6 times this week, 16 times this month, 53 times this year)